Vision coverage is not only important for maintaining good eye health. It's also important for the overall health and productivity of your clients' employees. Anthem wants to make it easier and more affordable for them to take care of their eyes — and help catch health issues earlier — all with Blue View Vision.
Vision benefits are also important for employee satisfaction:
- 98% believe offering vision coverage shows companies care about their well-being¹
- 87% are more likely to stay with a company if it offers high-quality vision benefits²
Here are more key facts about vision coverage:
- Plan design — The most popular plan design includes a $10 exam copay, $25 lens copay, and a frame allowance of $130 or more.³
- Premium cost — It varies by plan, state, and employer size, but most plans cost $10 or less per person per month.³
- Flexibility and access to care — Employees value being able to use their vision benefits where and when they want. One study found that 47% prefer to shop for frames at night or on the weekend.⁴
Blue View Vision provides all of that with flexible plan designs, premium options, funding arrangements, and access to over 38,000 eye care providers at over 27,000 locations.⁵ Members enjoy in-network average savings of 75% versus retail.⁶
Anthem's network mix includes independent eye doctors, and regional and national stores such as LensCrafters®, Pearle Vision® and Target Optical®. Plus, members have access to online providers 24/7, including Glasses.com®, ContactsDirect®, 1-800 CONTACTS® and Ray-Ban.com.
For questions, please contact a member of your B&P Sales Team - 888.722.3373.
1. Transitions Optical. Employee Perceptions of Vision Benefits Survey (May 3, 2017): optometryweb.com.
2. BenefitsPRO. Employees see vision benefits as important part of package (April 24, 2017): benefitspro.com.
3. Internal Blue View Vision plan data, 2018.
4. EMI Online Research Solutions, Consumer Study Commissioned by EyeMed, 2010.
5. NetMinder data, October 2019.
6. 2019 average in-network savings for Blue View Vision members across all benefit designs.