Anthem Blue Cross has some exciting updates to share for small groups, including competitive rates and relaxed participation, new digital tools and apps for brokers and groups, and more!
Competitive rate action and continued relaxed participation in Q4
- Twenty five percent (25%) participation for groups of 5 or more enrolled subscribers! 65% participation required for 4 or fewer subscribers enrolled. REMINDER: How to determine participation: Start with the total number of eligible employees. Then subtract the number of employees with allowable waivers. This will give you the total eligible enrollment number for calculating participation. The same participation rules apply for Dental and Vision coverage with a minimum of 2 enrolled.
- Valid Waivers Individual coverage both on and off of the Exchange will be accepted as a valid waiver.
- DE-9C not required with 6 or more subscribers enrolling! Groups with prior coverage must submit prior carrier bill. Excludes virgin groups. Also, DE-9C is not required for Specialty!
- Dual HMO Networks! (Dual network offered for PPO in Regions 1 & 9) Groups have two dual HMO network options now, they can select Anthem's Full HMO and Select HMO networks alongside each other or Anthem's Select HMO and Priority Select networks together!
Biometric Passport, powered by doc.ai
Help your Small Group clients that are re-opening and returning their employees to work with this new digital tool powered by doc.ai, contact your Sales Account Executive or Account Manager to learn more about this app and web based tool.
Download the flyer for more information.
Producer Toolbox Mobile App now live – “Broker Plus”
Employer Access (EA) Mobile App is going live in the App Store and Google Play
The EA mobile App puts some of EA portal features at the Employers fingertips in a handheld device. This represents fundamental shift in how Employers get things done in today’s world. Currently, the key features that are available on the mobile app are:
- Dashboard: Overview of business in one place
- Billing & Payment: Quick access to pay or view fully insured bills
- Member look up: Access to member benefits and id Card at their fingertips
- Digital Service: Online chat conversations via text
- Trending News: Curated feed of Anthem marketing news and insights
- Secure Login: Biometric credentialing login
From March 17 through September 30, 2020, Anthem will waive member cost share for telehealth visits, including visits for behavioral health, for members of Anthem's employer-sponsored, individual, and Medicare Advantage plans, and where permissible, Medicaid plans.
Cost sharing will be waived for members using Anthem’s telehealth service, LiveHealth Online, as well as care received from other providers delivering virtual care. Co-pays for physical and behavioral telehealth visits for health conditions will be waived.
Share Anthem's How to Register for LiveHealth Online flyer with your groups.
Ways Anthem is supporting communities through the COVID-19 crisis
Download Anthem's flyer for a detailed list of actions they've taken.
For questions, please contact a member of your B&P Sales Team - 888.722.3373.