Anthem Small Group has made some significant enhancements to the 2019 Small Group portfolio. An extensive network expansion and two new, robust medical plans go into effect on July 1, 2019. These additions were shaped based on market feedback Anthem had sought from brokers and to help demonstrate Anthem's commitment to satisfying its brokers' needs.
Small Group has added an enhanced Priority Select HMO network option in Southern California (effective July 1, 2019). This addition has added a significant number of providers to the Priority Select network previously available in the Small Group offering, helping to increase geographical reach and improve concentration of medical providers within the areas needing greater medical care access. Below are 39 newly added providers to what was already an extensive Priority Select network:
- Los Angeles County – 25 new Medical Groups are added, including Torrance Health IPA, Good Samaritan, St. Vincent, Lakeside, Regal, St. Mary's IPA, Pomona Valley, Prospect Health Source, Prospect Professional, and Providence Saint John's
- Orange County – 5 Medical Groups added including Monarch, ADOC, Fountain Valley IPA, Prospect, and Daehan
- Riverside – 3 Medical Groups added including Hemet Community, Riverside Physician Network, and Desert Oasis
- San Bernadino – 2 Medical Groups added including Chaffey and Redlands Yucaipa
- San Diego – 4 Medical Groups added including Scripps Clinic, Scripps Coastal, Scripps Physicians, and Mercy Physicians
CaliforniaCare (Full) HMO can be offered with Select HMO, and Select HMO can be offered with Priority Select HMO, making Anthem's promotional underwriting guidelines for HMO products simple and robust.
Alongside rolling out the Priority Select Network, Small Group will be adding the following plans to Anthem's portfolio (effective July 1, 2019). Materials and online tools for these new offerings are currently being updated and will be available soon.
- Bronze PPO 60/6000/30% (NEW) – available in the full and Select PPO networks
- Platinum HMO 20 (NEW) – available in the full, Select, and Priority Select networks
The Bronze PPO 60/6000/30% has a separate Rx deductible which is a big differentiator at this metallic tier.
For questions or help with an Anthem quote, please contact a member of your B&P Sales Team – 888.722.3373.