CaliforniaChoice announced rate and benefit changes for January 1, 2019 effective dates with no underwriting changes. Rates are available for quoting!
- Medical: varies by carrier, plan, and region
- Ancillary: Ameritas will adjust rates for new groups with 51-100 employees
Plans & Benefits
New Medical Plans:
- Kaiser Permanente Silver HMO A
- Oscar Silver EPO C
- Oscar Gold EPO D
- UnitedHealthcare Gold HMO D
Discontinued Medical Plans:
- Sharp Health Plan Bronze HMO D
- UnitedHealthcare Bronze HMO C
Existing Medical Plans: Most CaliforniaChoice plans will experience benefit changes.
In addition to the benefit changes, the following plans have network changes:
- UnitedHealthcare Silver HMO B will change from the Alliance network to the Advantage network
- UnitedHealthcare Platinum HMO C will change from the Alliance network to the Advantage network
Ancillary Plans: No plan or benefit changes.
CaliforniaChoice has introduced a Triple Tier Option that allows employers to select the Silver, Gold, and Platinum tiers. If an employer wants to offer the Bronze tier, they can either offer only Bronze or Bronze alongside Silver.
See the flyer for more information.
Health Net is expanding their CommunityCare network to include Region 19 (San Diego).
Kaiser Permanente, Oscar, Sharp Health Plan, Sutter Health Plus and UnitedHealthcare have made some zip code adjustments.
Only the updated applications for 1/1/19 will be accepted beginning with the 1/1/19 effective date. Earlier versions will not be accepted. Write-ins or cross-outs are not accepted.
Book rates for CaliforniaChoice are provided below and on the B&P website:
For questions, please contact a member of your B&P Sales Team - 888.722.3373.