CaliforniaChoice announced rate and benefit changes for January 1, 2020 effective dates with no underwriting changes. Rates are available for quoting!
- Medical: varies by carrier, plan, and region
- Ancillary: rate pass
Plans & Benefits
CaliforniaChoice is adding 4 new medical plans:
- Health Net Gold HMO F (Full HMO network)
- Health Net Silver HMO C (CommunityCare HMO network)
- Health Net Bronze HMO A (CommunityCare HMO network)
- UnitedHealthcare Bronze HMO A (Alliance HMO network)
The following plans will be discontinued:
- Health Net Silver HMO B (CommunityCare HMO network)
- Health Net Silver HSP A (PureCare HSP network)
- Health Net Bronze HSP A (PureCare HSP network)
- UnitedHealthcare Gold HMO D (Advantage HMO network)
Existing medical plans will experience benefit changes.
In addition to the benefit changes, the following plans have network changes:
- Health Net Platinum HMO E will change from the SmartCare HMO network to the Full HMO network
- Health Net Gold HMO E will change from the SmartCare HMO network to the Full HMO network
- UnitedHealthcare Platinum HMO C will change from the Advantage HMO network to the Alliance HMO network
Ancillary plans will experience some benefit changes.
Western Health Advantage is removing zip codes due to the end of their relationship with Canopy Health.
Only the updated applications for 1/1/20 will be accepted beginning with the 1/1/20 effective date. Earlier versions will not be accepted. Write-ins or cross-outs are not accepted.
Book rates for CaliforniaChoice are provided below and on the B&P website:
For questions, please contact a member of your B&P Sales Team - 888.722.3373.