CaliforniaChoice announced plan and rate updates for January 1, 2024 effective dates. Rates are available for quoting!
- Medical rates are changing for all carriers (quarterly trends shown below, may vary by plan and region):
- Anthem Blue Cross HMO: 0.4%
- Anthem Blue Cross PPO: 4.0%
- Cigna + Oscar: -1.6%
- Kaiser Permanente: 8.8% (annual)
- Sharp Health Plan: -0.5%
- UnitedHealthcare: 0.2%
- Western Health Advantage: 2.9%
As a reminder, Kaiser Permanente rates are good for the entire year, meaning you can see what your December 2024 renewals with Kaiser will look like today. Their rate change may seem higher than other carriers but their 8.8% is an annual change as opposed to a quarterly change.
Plan & Network Updates
Cigna + Oscar
Cigna + Oscar is updating their plan offering in CalChoice to make it easier for members to find the appropriate plan and network. By making the following updates, every Cigna + Oscar plan available in CalChoice will be available with either the Open Access Plus or LocalPlus networks.
- New plans:
- Gold EPO A (Open Access Plus)
- Silver EPO A (Open Access Plus)
- Bronze EPO A (Open Access Plus)
- Bronze EPO B (Open Access Plus)
- Removed plans:
- Platinum EPO D (LocalPlus)
- Gold EPO E (LocalPlus)
- Gold EPO G (Open Access Plus)
- Bronze EPO E (Open Access Plus)
- Bronze EPO F (Open Access Plus)
Kaiser is adding the following plan effective January 1, 2024:
- Kaiser Permanente Platinum HMO C
UHC is expanding their ZIP code availability for the following networks:
- Alliance Network: 93558 & 95033
- Harmony Network: 95033
- SignatureValue Network: 93558 & 95033
CalChoice is updating their documents for January 1, 2024 effective dates. Please be sure to use the new applications as earlier versions will not be accepted. Write-ins or cross-outs are not accepted either.
Book rates for CaliforniaChoice will be posted to the B&P website when they are available.
For questions, please contact a member of your B&P Sales Team - 888.722.3373.