CaliforniaChoice announced plan and rate updates for October 1, 2019 effective dates. Rates are available for quoting!
- RATE PASS: Kaiser Permanente and Western Health Advantage
- Anthem Blue Cross, Health Net, Oscar, Sharp Health Plan, Sutter Health Plus and UnitedHealthcare will adjust rates.
- Landmark Health plan will adjust rates.
- There are no other rate changes to ancillary plans.
Anthem Blue Cross Rx & Benefit Updates
Anthem Blue Cross is removing tiered copays (1a / 1b) for their Generic Rx benefits for all plans, excluding this Silver HMO B, Silver EPO B, and Gold HMO B. This Generic Rx change is effective October 1, 2019 for all members on any affected plan with a group effective or renewal date of January 1, 2019, through September 1, 2019. Anthem Blue Cross is notifying members of this change.
Anthem Blue Cross is also making the following benefit updates to their Silver HMO A and Silver PPO A plans effective October 1, 2019:
- Silver HMO A: Copay for Specialist Visit, 2nd Surgical Opinion, and Home Health Care is being changed to a $95 from $85.
- Silver PPO A: Copay for Dr. Office Visit, Acupuncture, Mental Health Out-Patient (office visit), Drug/Substance Abuse Out-Patient, and Infertility Evaluation and Treatment is being changed to $45 from $40.
Ancillary Plan Updates
- Ameritas Dental's orthodontic waiting period is being reduced to 12 months from 24 months for the PPO 3500, 4000 and 5000.
- Landmark Health Plan is removing their pre-authorization requirement.
Book rates will be posted to the B&P website when they are available.
As a reminder, only updated applications for October through December effective dates. Write-ins or cross-outs are not accepted. Please contact a member of your B&P Sales Team if you are unsure which form to use.
For questions, please contact a member of your B&P Sales Team - 888.722.3373.