CaliforniaChoice announced rate and benefit changes for October 1, 2020 effective dates. Rates are available for quoting!
- Anthem Blue Cross, Health Net, Oscar, Sharp Health Plan, UnitedHealthcare, and Western Health Advantage will adjust rates
- Kaiser Permanente and Sutter Health Plus have rate passes
The Landmark Healthplan chiro/acupuncture rates will also be changing.
Plan & Benefit Updates
CaliforniaChoice is introducing three new plans effective October 1, 2020:
- UnitedHealthcare Gold HMO E - Advantage Network
- Oscar Silver EPO D
- Oscar Bronze EPO C
For October 1, 2020 new business, and beginning with October 1, 2020 renewals for existing groups, the Anthem Blue Cross plans with the Advantage PPO, Select PPO, or EPO networks will not be available for out-of-state employees. The Anthem Blue Cross plans with the Prudent Buyer PPO network are available for out-of-state employees.
CaliforniaChoice made the following underwriting changes effective July 1, 2020:
- Start-up groups will be required to submit 4 weeks of payroll prior to the requested effective date (previously, 6 weeks of payroll were required)
- 70% participation required, regardless of contribution (previously, 100% contribution required 100% participation)
- Prior carrier bill in lieu of a DE-9C for groups with 6 or more enrolling, payroll will be required for employees not listed on the prior carrier bill (previously, required 10 or more enrolling with no more than 10% variance)
- Copies of ID cards are not required when more than 50% waive (previously, required ID cards if more than 50% were waiving)
Only the updated applications for October 1, 2020 will be accepted beginning with October 1, 2020 effective dates. Earlier versions will not be accepted. Write-ins or cross-outs are not accepted.
Book rates for CaliforniaChoice will be provided on the B&P website.
For questions, please contact a member of your B&P Sales Team - 888.722.3373.