Canopy Health's South Bay Expansion Approved by California Department of Managed Health Care
Official approval expands Canopy Health’s service area to include additional medical groups and hospitals.
Canopy Health’s expansion into the South Bay has been officially approved by the Department of Managed Health Care (DMHC). The unique, high-performance network is growing its pioneering healthcare model by adding two medical groups and three hospitals, which brings its alliance to nearly 5,000 physicians, 18 hospitals, and dozens of care centers across 8 Bay Area counties.
DMHC approval of Canopy Health’s expansion formalizes its connection with the South Bay and reaffirms its commitment to increased healthcare access for its members. The newest additions to the Canopy Health alliance offer its members access to physicians throughout Santa Clara and San Mateo counties where they can receive high-quality care in the communities where they live and work.
Canopy Health’s new network partners include:
- Dignity Health Medical Network-Sequoia: This medical network includes more than 200 primary care physicians and specialists located in San Mateo County. Many of its providers are board-certified leaders in the medical community.
- Dignity Health Sequoia Hospital: Sequoia Hospital is a leader in advanced cardiac and stroke care and is located in Redwood City, Calif. It was a recipient of Healthgrades 2018 Outstanding Patient Experience Award and also has been recognized as one of America’s 50 Best Hospitals for cardiac surgery.
- Santa Clara County IPA (SCCIPA): SCCIPA connects patients with more than 800 independent Santa Clara physicians including primary care physicians, specialists, and hospitalists, with diverse backgrounds and exceptional training.
- Good Samaritan Hospital, San Jose: This 474-bed hospital with facilities in San Jose and Los Gatos, Calif., is considered a leader in neuroscience, high-risk obstetrics, cancer treatment, cardiology, and advanced surgical techniques.
- Regional Medical Center of San Jose: This hospital is home to six Centers of Excellence that focus on emergency medicine, trauma, cardiovascular medicine, women’s health, orthopedics, and medical/surgical services.
“We are extremely excited about Canopy Health’s recent growth. Receiving approval from the DMHC for this latest expansion extends our reach throughout the Bay Area and allows us to provide more members with even better care from some of the most respected medical groups and hospitals in the state of California,” said Joel Criste, Canopy Health CEO. “More choice means more competition, which results in improved care systems and better patient outcomes overall.”
This excitement is echoed by other members of Canopy Health’s leadership team, including Denise Vance-Rodrigues, Director of Business Development.
“We are thrilled to add these prestigious medical groups and hospitals to the Canopy Health alliance,” commented Vance-Rodrigues. “Growth is an integral part of our mission and helps us reach more families and individuals who have been searching for real quality alternatives to outdated healthcare models.”
Canopy Health offers an innovative alternative for employers that are looking for new options beyond traditional PPOs and HMOs. Employees access Canopy Health after enrolling in one of its carrier partners’ health plans, including Western Health Advantage, United HealthCare’s Signature Value Advantage plan, and Health Net’s SmartCare plan. Consumers may then select a primary care physician from within Canopy Health’s alliance and benefit from coordinated care, simplified referrals, and also may seek needed treatment with any specialist within Canopy Health’s robust Bay Area network.
For questions, please contact a member of your B&P Sales Team - 888.722.3373.