Delta Dental announced plan and rate updates for January 1, 2021 effective dates, rates are available for quoting.
Delta Dental is updating their plan offerings to bring an easy-to-understand and easy-to-sell portfolio of small business plans for 2021 effective dates. This new portfolio will include plans in three different levels:
- Deluxe: the maximum level of coverage with the lowest out-of-pocket costs
- Advantage: Delta Dental's most popular plan designs with additional choice and flexibility
- Core: Delta Dental quality at an affordable cost
This new portfolio also allows employers to offer a dual choice option.
- Dual Choice 1: Choose any one PPO plan and any one DeltaCare USA plan.
- Dual Choice 2: Offer two same-priced plans with differing coverage, so employees can decide what works best for them: a PPO plan with higher coverage (100/100/60) or a PPO Plus Premier plan (100/80/50) with greater dentist choice.
- Dual Choice 3: Offer both a high (PPO Plus Premier 100/90/60) and a low (PPO Plus Premier 100/80/50) PPO plan with different prices and coverage amounts, so employees can decide what works best for them: more coverage at a higher price or less coverage for a lower price.
- Core/Buy-up: Offer a way to control costs with a set contribution (Core 100/50/50), while still giving employees the option to purchase more coverage (Buy-up 100/80/60).
Delta Dental has also enhanced their PPO plans, 2021 plan will offer:
- Higher annual maximums up to $3,000
- Expanded access to orthodontics
- White resin fillings on all teeth
- Expanded voluntary plan choices
- Expanded plan choices for groups of 2-4
- SmileWay® Wellness Benefits available for all enrollees with qualifying conditions
Delta Dental is adding a new lower cost DeltaCare USA plan, 17B, to their offering.
Delta Dental has updated their underwriting guidelines for 2021 as follows:
- Expanded contribution options are available.
- Changes to PPO-eligible enrollee contribution and participation:
- 100% employer contribution, 100% eligible enrollee participation
- 75%-99.9% employer contribution, 75% eligible enrollee participation
- 50%-74.9% employer contribution, 50% eligible enrollee participation
- Employers contributing between 50% and 74.9% can now choose from Delta Dental's employer-paid plans.
- In place of a state wage report, an employer can provide a complete census of eligible employees.
Delta Dental’s January 2021 book rates will be added to the B&P website as soon as they become available.
For questions or help with a 2021 Delta Dental quote, please contact a member of your B&P Sales Team – 888.722.3373.