The American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (ARPA) provides 100% COBRA subsidies to Assistance Eligible Individuals (AEIs) from April 1 to September 30, 2021. In response to ARPA, the Department of Labor (DOL) was required to produce new Model Notices that need to be distributed to AEIs that notify them of this premium assistance and of the premium assistance expiration when applicable.
Please visit the DOL's website for the most up to date information. The following information applies to Employers and Advisors. The DOL's website also provides additional information for Workers and Families.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Model General Notice and COBRA Continuation Coverage Election Notice: MS Word | PDF
- Model Notice in Connection with Extended Election Period: MS Word | PDF
- Model Alternative Notice: MS Word | PDF
- Model Notice of Expiration of Premium Assistance: MS Word | PDF
- Summary of COBRA Premium Assistance Provisions under the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021: MS Word | PDF
- Federal Register Notice
For questions, please contact your B&P Sales Rep - 888.722.3373.