A key element of Guardian's Group Benefits strategy is to enhance and expand their portfolio of products and services to support the well-being of members. As part of this focus, Guardian also continually evaluates their existing products and services, measuring their impact and seeing how well they align with their Purpose and strategy.
After an analysis of their current benefit offerings, Guardian has decided to remove the College Tuition Benefit (CTB) from their portfolio given limited registration rates among members, and sharpen their focus to designing and delivering benefit solutions that meet the larger needs of their diverse customer base.
With this change:
- Effective immediately, Guardian will no longer including CTB with New Business quotes.
- Guardian will no longer implement CTB on sold plans as of February 18, 2022.
- Starting with July 1, 2022 anniversary dates, Guardian will be removing CTB from inforce plans with a goal of removing CTB from all plans by June 30, 2023.
- Impacted Groups will receive a communication in advance of their next plan anniversary date which will include details on the impact of this change and options for a CTB direct purchase option.
- Earned Tuition Rewards points for registered members will not expire and their CTB accounts will remain active. Registered members will continue to receive communications from CTB if they have elected to do so.
In conjunction with the discontinuation of CTB for Group customers, the broker CTB rewards program will also end as of December 31, 2022.
- If you are registered in the Broker rewards program for CTB, you will no longer accrue new Tuition Reward points, however, any earned Tuition Rewards points will not expire.
- All existing College Tuition accounts will remain active, and brokers will continue to receive communications from CTB if they have elected to do so.
- Brokers can view their accounts, including reward balances and registered students here.
- If you haven’t activated your CTB account please complete the following steps by December 31, 2022.
- Enter Regional Group Office Code (RGO)
- For assistance in obtaining the RGO code, please contact your Guardian Sales Representative
- Password is Broker
With this change, Guardian has adjusted pricing on their plans in bpQuote. Updated 2022 rates are now live.
For questions, please contact a member of your B&P Sales Team - 888.722.3373.