Health Net will mail notifications to employer groups and subscribers advising of the following changes effective January 1, 2021:
- In accordance with CA AB 744, telehealth coverage has been expanded, and is covered on the same basis and to the same extent as covered services delivered in-person.
- Health Net’s new preferred telehealth provider is Babylon Health, which has been available to all members during the COVID-19 health emergency (Teladoc will no longer be available as of January 1, 2021). Members will receive new ID cards with Babylon information. Please note that grandfathered groups will not include Babylon as a preferred telehealth provider after the end of the COVID-19 emergency.
What you need to know
- The mailing to employer groups and subscribers is scheduled for the week of October 1, 2020. IFP Subscribers will receive this update in their renewal letters.
- Groups and subscribers renewing February through September will receive a cover letter and an amendment.
- Groups renewing October through December will receive a Notification Letter that addresses the changes to their telehealth coverage for 2021. The Amendment will be included in the EOC/Certificate.
- Groups renewing January 2021 are not included in the mailing, as employers will be notified of the change via the annual “Notice of Changes” (to be released in October). The groups’ coverage documents issued in January will include the details of these changes. Members will also receive a replacement ID card with the Babylon Telehealth contact information.
For questions, please contact a member of your B&P Sales Team - 888.722.3373.