Don't forget to review the items listed below before the end of your group's effective month. Employers only have until the end of their effective month to request changes, any change after will require an exception and may not be approved retroactively.
COBRA & CalCOBRA
Confirm all COBRA and/or CalCOBRA members have been notified of the change of carrier and elections or waivers have been collected.
Termination of Coverage
- If new group coverage has been approved, complete the Prior Coverage Cancellation Letter and submit to the old carrier to request termination.
- Carriers prefer a termination request on company letterhead. The letter above may easily be copied and pasted.
Audit New Carrier Bill
- Ensure employee and dependent enrollment is accurate.
- Confirm plan selections are correct for all members.
- Refer to the Group Approval Letter for access to the Administration Manual and contact details.
- Change requests received after the end of the effective month will require an exception and may not be approved retroactively.
For questions, please contact a member of your B&P Sales Team - 888.722.3373.