Anthem encourages brokers and groups to submit early in the coming months to ensure members have their coverage in place and ID cards in hand. However, they realize that money may be tight during these continued unprecedented times and having to maintain their current coverage while making the change to Anthem may be a financial strain. With that said Anthem is offering new cases the option to defer their first month’s premium with the following requirements during this peak season:
- The case MUST use Anthem’s ACH/EFT payment method
- The premium will be run the 15th of the month prior to the effective date (unless the 15th falls on a Saturday or Sunday) – for example:
- September 1st effective date – premium run date is August 16, 2022
- October 1st effective date – premium run date is September 16, 2022
- November 1st effective date – premium run date is October 17, 2022
- December 1st effective date – premium run date is November 16, 2022
- January 1st effective date – premium run date is December 16, 2022
- Further notation on the ACH/EFT form is required for groups to opt-in to the premium deferral. Please contact your B&P Sales Team for more information.
Anthem hopes this helps with getting cases in early and provides peace of mind for your clients.
For questions, please contact a member of your B&P Sales Team - 888.722.3373.