UnitedHealthcare Specialty Benefits has taken several steps to help members access care, provide financial relief and ensure their collaboration endures beyond these extraordinary events. As the environment remains dynamic, UHC will continue to update their COVID FAQs so you have access to the latest information.
- Extension of COVID-19 renewal program: UHC is extending their commitment to renew at existing rates or better for groups with 2-499 eligible lives until December 31, 2020. This applies to fully insured Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability and Supplemental Health* plans. Details here.
- Reduction in dental premium: UnitedHealthcare Dental is providing a 50%, 1-month premium reduction in July–reflected on June invoices.
- Enhanced reimbursement rates for dental care providers: In-network dentists enrolled in electronic payments will receive increases between $5 and $10 for certain services related to routine exams, emergency services and initial evaluations for children and adults. UnitedHealthcare Dental contracted providers may be eligible to gain access to a portion of UnitedHealthcare Dental’s $10 million COVID-19 relief package.**
These last few months highlighted how important and valuable UHC's Financial Protection products are, providing an additional layer of protection to help offset the unexpected costs that may greatly impact an employee’s health and financial security.
- UHC Dental:
- Provides access to at-home telephone and video consultations with their own dentist, another local dentist with availability or a primary care physician.
- The resource is available at no member cost sharing (i.e., waived deductible and copay) or extra cost for members enrolled in UHC fully insured employer-sponsored dental plans until July 24, 2020.
- UHC Vision: In addition to the ability to conduct a telehealth visit with a network vision provider, members enrolled in UHC employer-sponsored vision plans now have network access to GlassesUSA.com, offering one of the largest online collections of eyewear, with free shipping and returns. Members continue to have in-store and on-line access to Warby Parker® products and services.
- UHC Hearing: UHC Hearing has always offered home delivery. UHC can deliver fully programmed hearing aids (RELATE Basic only) directly to a member’s home. In response to the challenges of fitting hearing aids during COVID-19, UHC Hearing has entered into an arrangement with 1DOCWAY to use a fully compliant video conferencing platform for these appointments.
UHC also offers member tips to help make the most of Specialty Benefits from home.
For questions, please contact a member of your B&P Sales Team - 888.722.3373.