UHC announced plan and rate updates for July 1, 2021 effective dates. Rates are available for quoting!
Medical (averages, may vary by county and plan)
- Northern California: 2.3% quarterly, 2.7% annually
- Southern California: 2.3% quarterly, 2.7% annually
- Northern California: 2.4% quarterly, 4.7% annually
- Southern California: 2.4% quarterly, 3.2% annually
- Navigate EPO: Rate pass for quarterly change
Underwriting Updates & Reminders
UHC has improved their Choice Simplified package! Effective July 1, 2021, UHC is reducing the number of Choice Simplified packages from three down to one! This change will ease the portfolio selection process and offer great flexibility to your groups.
- "1" package, all plans, all networks effective July 1, 2021
- Employers can anchor with a base plan and allow employees to buy up to richer plans or networks
HRA Wrap Policy
- Effective July 1, 2021, UHC will allow wrapping
- "Carrier does not endorse or monitor the offering of an HRA, please seek CPA counsel to confirm if the business structure is eligible for a reimbursement arrangement."
Staff Model Guidelines: Only 5 CA employees enrolled in UHC to offer alongside up to 2 staff model carriers, 60% overall participation required.
- Most lenient out-of-state guidelines, do not need 51% to reside in State
- Groups with 10+ employees can submit participation certification in lieu of DE-9C
- Start-ups groups: 6 weeks in business & 2 weeks payroll prior to effective date
UHC dental network size according to network360:
- 14,800 unique PPO providers in CA
- 2,400 unique DHMO providers in CA
Enhanced Dental Plan Available:
- X Series: implants, white composites and up to 4 cleanings per year (no missing tooth clause)
- H Series: preventive and diagnostic services do not count toward annual maximum
UHC vision network size according to network360:
- 3,100 unique providers in CA
Retail network expansion:
- LensCrafters in-network
- 1-800 Contact in-network
- Online providers Warby Parker and GlassesUSA in-network
Additional exam and materials benefit available for certain members:
- Diabetic members
- Pregnant/nursing women
- Children under the age of 13
New & Renewal Broker Bonus
UHC is offering new sales and renewal bonus for qualifying brokers and groups. See UHC's flyer for complete details.
- New sales bonus: receive a bonus of $100 for each enrolled employee in eligible medical groups sold during the bonus period.
- Renewal bonus: additional bonus of $100 per enrolled employee will be paid if a group that receives the new sales bonus for 2021 renews coverage in 2022. Another bonus of $100 for each enrolled employee will be paid if the group renews coverage again in 2023.
Example bonus payout: An eligible agent sells an eligible medical group with 60 enrolled employees with an original effective date with UnitedHealthcare in 2021. That makes the agent eligible for a new sales bonus of $100 for each enrolled employee, so they earn a new sales bonus of $100 times 60 employees, or $6,000 with organic growth of 5 employees per year.
Motion HSA members (employees or spouse) can choose to receive incentives via an HSA deposit or via prepaid debit card during Motion registration. The debit card may be used for non-health care-related expenses:
- The prepaid card option is effective January 1, 2021.
- The employee and spouse can now have their own HSA account or prepaid debit card.
- New members will be prompted during registration to choose their option; existing members will receive a notification. Members can change their option throughout the plan year.
Book rates will be posted to the B&P website when they are available.
For questions or help with a UHC quote, please contact a member of your B&P Sales Team – 888.722.3373.