UHC announced plan and rate updates for October 1, 2021 effective dates. Rates are available for quoting!
Quarterly medical changes
- HMO: Rate Pass
- PPO: Rate Pass
Annual medical changes
- Northern CA: 4.5%
- Southern CA: 4.5%
- Northern CA: 3.2%
- Southern CA: 2.6%
New & Renewal Broker Bonus
UHC is offering new sales and renewal bonus for qualifying brokers and groups. See UHC's flyer for complete details.
- New sales bonus: receive a bonus of $100 for each enrolled employee in eligible medical groups sold during the bonus period.
- Renewal bonus: additional bonus of $100 per enrolled employee will be paid if a group that receives the new sales bonus for 2021 renews coverage in 2022. Another bonus of $100 for each enrolled employee will be paid if the group renews coverage again in 2023.
Example bonus payout: An eligible agent sells an eligible medical group with 60 enrolled employees with an original effective date with UnitedHealthcare in 2021. That makes the agent eligible for a new sales bonus of $100 for each enrolled employee, so they earn a new sales bonus of $100 times 60 employees, or $6,000 with organic growth of 5 employees per year.
Motion HSA members (employees or spouse) can choose to receive incentives via an HSA deposit or via prepaid debit card during Motion registration. The debit card may be used for non-health care-related expenses:
- The prepaid card option is effective January 1, 2021.
- The employee and spouse can now have their own HSA account or prepaid debit card.
- New members will be prompted during registration to choose their option; existing members will receive a notification. Members can change their option throughout the plan year.
Book rates will be posted to the B&P website when they are available.
For questions or help with a UHC quote, please contact a member of your B&P Sales Team – 888.722.3373.