UHC provided the following important updates on their Specialty products.
Voluntary Dental and Vision
Are you aware of UnitedHealthcare's participation requirements for voluntary dental and vision products?
- UHC requires only TWO employees to enroll in voluntary dental to offer it!
- UHC requires only two eligible and ONE employee to enroll in voluntary vision to offer it!
Voluntary dental and vision are a great option for employers that do not have the budget for ancillary lines but still want to spruce up their benefits package! The employer is not required to contribute to the premium for these lines.
Vision Plan Codes & Network
UHC plan codes include:
- S, SH & SL Plans
- No lens formulary
- Two contact lens allowances
- Contact lens allowance
- Contact fitting allowance
- SF Plans
- 4 Boxes off of the lens formulary
- Allowance only for lenses on formulary
- No fit allowance
UHC vision network promotes choice:
- 50/50 split between private practice and retail chain providers
- Online providers: Warby Parker, GlassesUSA, 1-800 contacts, UHC contacts and UHC glasses
Click here for to see UHC's Vision Network flyer for more information.
Vision Child & Maternity Benefits
Don't forget about UHC's child and maternity benefits!
- 2nd exam each year for children 13 and under. If their prescription changes .5 diopter or greater, UHC will cover a second pair of glasses (frames and lenses at the cost of the copay) as well!
- 2nd exam for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding. If their prescription changes .5 diopter or greater, UHC will cover a second pair of glasses (frames and lenses at the cost of copay) as well!
See UHC's Child & Maternity Benefits flyer for more information.
For questions or help with a UHC Specialty quote, please contact a member of your B&P Sales Team - 888.722.3373.