UHC provided three important updates on their Specialty products.
Dental 5% Rate Cap Extended Through December 2021
Help your customers get a 5% second year rate cap (their first dental renewal) when they add a dental plan by December 1, 2021!
- Effective dates through December 2021
- Group size includes 2 - 100 eligible employees
- Offer not available to groups situs RI, WI, WA, FL (2-50), and ACEC groups
- Applies for both voluntary and contributory coverages
- Available to both voluntary and contributory plans
Digital ID Cards
Effective July 1, 2021, printed dental ID cards will will be sunset and replaced with digital ID cards for new business groups. Existing groups will be switching to digital dental ID cards on October 1, 2021. With digital ID cards, members are able to:
- View or email their card anytime, anywhere on their smartphone
- Enjoy the perk of having one less card to carry in their wallet
- Get their plan information anytime
- Access ID card through myuhc.com or the UnitedHealthcare app
Off-Cycle Specialty Adds
UHC allows certain Specialty products to be added off-cycle without any approvals. Save time and add the Specialty now instead of waiting for the renewal date!
The below products do not need approval to be added off-cycle:
- Contributory & Vol Dental
- Contributory & Vol Vision
- Non-contributory & Contributory Basic Life
- Non-contributory & Contributory STD
- Non-contributory & Contributory LTD
The below products do need approval to be added off-cycle:
- Supplemental Life
- Voluntary STD
- Voluntary LTD
The rate guarantee period will be adjusted so the off-cycle products renew at policy anniversary.
For questions or help with a UHC Specialty quote, please contact a member of your B&P Sales Team - 888.722.3373.