UHC provided three important updates on their Specialty products.
Dental 5% Rate Cap Extended Through July 2021
The UHC Dental Rate Cap Program guarantees that groups enrolling in a new plan will receive no more than a 5% increase at their first renewal. UHC is excited to announce that they are extending the Dental Rate Cap Program through July 2021 effective dates!
- Group size includes 2 - 100 eligible employees
- Offer not available to groups situs RI, WI, WA, FL (2-50), and ACEC groups
- Applies for both voluntary and contributory coverages
- Available to both New Business and NCEA (new coverage existing account)
Enhanced Dental Plan Options
FlexAppeal Enhanced (X series) and Preventive MaxMultiplier (H series) dental plans are a great way to strategically position additional benefits for a group either as single option or part of a dual option strategy.
Dental plan codes that include the letter X offer white composites, up to 4 cleanings per year with a supportive diagnosis as well as coverage for implants.
Dental plan codes that include the letter H do not apply preventative and diagnostic services towards the annual maximum. Members can reserve their annual max dollars for future restorative services.
Off-Cycle Specialty Adds
UHC allows certain Specialty products to be added off-cycle without any approvals. Save time and add the Specialty now instead of waiting for the renewal date!
The below products do not need approval to be added off-cycle:
- Contributory & Vol Dental
- Contributory & Vol Vision
- Non-contributory & Contributory Basic Life
- Non-contributory & Contributory STD
- Non-contributory & Contributory LTD
The below products do need approval to be added off-cycle:
- Supplemental Life
- Voluntary STD
- Voluntary LTD
The rate guarantee period will be adjusted so the off-cycle products renew at policy anniversary.
For questions or help with a UHC Specialty quote, please contact a member of your B&P Sales Team - 888.722.3373.