UHC provided the following important updates on their Specialty products.
Specialty Bundling Program - Extended through December 2022!
Adding three or more specialty lines (including voluntary coverages) can help groups get a substantial one-time administrative credit to their bill about four months after adding the coverage. Qualification requirements:
- July 2020 through December 2022 effective dates
- 2-50 only (2-99 for CO & CA)
- Minimum three lines of coverage sold together (NB or NCEA)
- Meet minimum annual premium threshold
- $7,500-$9,999 annual premium = $500 payment
- $10,000-$19,999 annual premium = $750 payment
- $20,000-$29,999 annual premium = $1,000 payment
- $30,000-$49,999 annual premium = $1,500 payment
- $50,000+ annual premium = $3,000 payment
See UHC's Specialty Bundling Discount flyer for more information.
Waiving Dental Waiting Periods
If a group is transferring their dental coverage to UnitedHealthcare and selected a waiting period for major services, they can get that waiting period waived for the initial enrolling employees if they provide the following information:
- Proof of prior coverage for major services. This requires a benefit summary, certificate of coverage or an explanation of benefits from the prior carrier showing coverage for major services.
- Proof of prior coverage for the proceeding plan year. This could be in the form of a renewal from the prior carrier showing coverage dates or a recent bill and a year-old bill.
See UHC's Dental Waiting Periods flyer for more information.
For questions or help with a UHC Specialty quote, please contact a member of your B&P Sales Team - 888.722.3373.