Support for Members Affected by California Wildfires
UnitedHealthcare is deeply concerned for the health, safety and wellbeing of its members who may be affected by the wildfires in Butte, Ventura and Los Angeles Counties. The company has taken the following action:
Help finding a network care provider:
Plan participants who need help finding a care provider in the UnitedHealthcare network can call customer care at the number located on the back of their medical ID cards or by visiting myuhc.com®Opens a new window.
Early prescription refills, replace durable medical equipment*:
Individuals insured through UnitedHealthcare can also fill existing prescriptions early (one time, 90-day refill) and replace lost or damaged durable medical equipment, if necessary.
*This measure applies to all individuals insured by UnitedHealthcare through 11/26/18.
For UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement members:
Per Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) requirements, for those members in evacuation areas and/or directly impacted in a material way by the emergency:
- Allow Part A and Part B and supplemental Part C plan benefits to be furnished at specified non-contracted facilities (note that Part A and Part B benefits must, per 42 CFR §422.204(b)(3), be furnished at Medicare certified facilities);
- Waive in full, requirements for gatekeeper referrals where applicable;
- Temporarily reduce plan-approved out-of-network cost-sharing to in-network cost-sharing amounts;
- Waive the 30-day notification requirement to enrollees as long as all the changes (such as reduction of cost-sharing and waiving authorization) benefit the enrollee.
Help if you have misplaced your ID card:
- Call 866-633-2446, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. (in the local time zone), Monday through Friday.
- If you have a smartphone, you can download the free Health4Me® app, which provides instant access to your ID card, network care providers, personal health benefits and more.
- The Health4Me app is available as a free download at the Apple iTunes® App Store®Opens a new window and the Android Market™ on Google Play™.
Free emotional-support help line:
The toll-free number, 866-342-6892, will be open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for as long as necessary. The service is free of charge and open to anyone, including individuals who are not UnitedHealthcare members.
For questions, please contact a member of your B&P Sales Team - 888.722.3373.