Anthem has had a lot of good things to talk about recently. They've lowered rates on their Full HMO, Select HMO, and Priority Select HMO plans so they are more competitive than ever before. They recently announced their Network Flexibility options for October 1, 2020 through March 15, 2021 effective dates, giving groups more options. They're also offering a 6% commission program for new cases sold with 10+ enrolled employees for July 1, 2020 through January 15, 2021 effective dates for all agents.
Now, one might ask, can it get any better than this? Well, YES, yes it can.
For new business cases sold in the month of December 2020 (1st and 15th of the month effective dates) with 10+ enrolled employees, Anthem is offering 7% commission* for the life of the case** to all agents. That’s right. 7% commission for all agents when they sell a case with 10+ enrolled employees in December 2020!
- A Small Group consists of 1–100 eligible employees.
- Only eligible Small Groups with 10 or more enrolled employees on Anthem medical plans with an effective date of December 1, 2020 or December 15, 2020, qualify for this program.
- New Small Business Group employees are those who have the same enrollment effective date as the employer group’s original Anthem effective date (i.e., if an employer group’s original effective date is December 1, 2020, then the members must also have an effective date of December 1, 2020).
- Commission percentage is based on the number of enrolled employees with Anthem medical plans.
- Appointed agents must be in good standing with a current, signed Anthem agent contract and valid license on file.
- Qualified business will include business sold through a General Agent partner or direct to Anthem.
Anthem is also running a Specialty New Business Bonus program, making selling Anthem even sweeter.
For questions or help with Anthem Blue Cross quote, please contact a member of your B&P Sales Team - 888.722.3373.
*7% flat up to $1M annualized premium, then .8% above $1M.
** If an Agent of Record change occurs, the commission will automatically update to the standard 5% flat up $1M annualized premium, then .8% above $1M.
** If the book of business is transferred, commission will automatically update to the standard 5% flat up to $1M annualized premium, then .8% above $1M.
** The 7% schedule applies only as long as the group stays enrolled in an Anthem Small Group plan.