Anthem announced rate and plan updates for January 1, 2020 effective dates. Rates are available for quoting!
Average Medical Quarterly Rate Change:
- PPO: 1.0% increase
- HMO: 1.6% increase
Dental: No changes to rates or benefits.
Vision: New portfolio of plans, rates, benefits.
Plans & Benefits
Medical plans may experience some benefit and name changes. Anthem is adding 6 new plans, below are the plans along with a quick description with how they fit into the Anthem portfolio:
- Gold PPO 35/500/25% & Gold Select PPO 35/500/25%
- New plan option featuring same attractive $500 deductible and Rx design as the Gold PPO 30/500/20% but at a lower price with a higher office visit copay and coinsurance.
- Silver PPO 55/2500/45% & Silver Select PPO 55/2500/45%
- New lowest cost Silver PPO plan with $2,500 medical deductible and $0 Rx deductible, helping bridge the deductible gap between Silver and Bronze plans.
- Bronze PPO 3950/50% & Bronze Select PPO 3950/50%
- New Bronze "HSA-like" plan design that applies $3,950 deductible to all medical/Rx services, then 50% coinsurance, closing benefit gap between Silver and Bronze plans. Not HSA-eligible.
Anthem is discontinuing the Bronze PPO 65/4600/40% and Bronze Select PPO 65/4600/40%, members at renewal will be mapped to the Bronze PPO 40/5600/40% and Bronze Select PPO 40/5600/40%, respectively.
Underwriting Promotions Extended through 3/15/20!
- Relaxed Participation: 25% participation for groups of 5 or more enrolled subscribers! 65% participation required for 4 or fewer enrolled subscribers.
- DE9C: Not required with 6 or more subscribers enrolling! Groups with prior coverage must submit prior carrier bill. Excludes virgin groups.
- Valid Waivers: Individual coverage both on and off of the Exchange will be accepted as a valid waiver
- Dual HMO Networks (Dual network no longer offered for PPO): Groups can select both of Anthem's HMO networks to be offered alongside each other!
- 10/23/19: 1/1/20 Renewals will be posted to Producer Toolbox (producer renewals are no longer mailed)
- 10/28/19: 1/1/20 Group renewals will be mailed
- 10/30/19: 1/1/20 Group renewals will be available on EmployerAccess
The Anthem 1/1/20 book rates will be posted to the B&P website when they are available.
Anthem has three bonus programs running through Q4 2019 and into Q1 2020:
- ACE Broker Bonus: Anthem is offering a 7% commission for the life of the case when you sell any new small group medical case with 10+ enrolled employees for July 2019 through January 2020 effective dates. See flyer for complete details. Bonus applies for business written through a General Agent.
- $50 per enrolled employee: Anthem is offering a $50 per new member commission when you sell any new small group medical case with 10+ enrolled employees for October 2019 through January 2020 effective dates. See flyer for complete details. Please note that ACE broker are not eligible for this bonus unless they chose to forgo the 7% commission.
- Dental & Life Bonus: Anthem is offering bonuses of up to $200 for new dental and life sales with 10+ enrolled employees for October 1, 2019 to January 1, 2020 effective dates. See flyer for complete details.
For questions, please contact a member of your B&P Sales Team — 888.722.3373.