CaliforniaChoice announced that Delta Dental of California has elected to credit a portion of a group's September 2020 Kaiser Permanente premium for their pediatric dental coverage. This one-time credit for all eligible members enrolled on Kaiser Permanente plans during the month of September 2020 will be applied to an eligible group's March 2021 invoice.
How the pediatric dental credit works:
- The dental premium credit will be applied against the March 2021 billed premiums for September enrollments submitted as of September 30, 2020. The September premium credit will show on qualified group’s March 2021 invoice with a change code of “CO” indicating a correction in premium for this one-time credit.
- This is a one-time credit. No retroactive credits will be reflected on future invoices.
- For example: If a new subscriber or member is added after September 30, 2020 for an effective date of September 1, 2020, a credit will not be provided for that subscriber or member for the month of September 2020.
- COBRA enrollees who are eligible for the dental premium credit will be notified by mail.
- If the employee contributes to their Kaiser Permanente plan premiums, the group may have a legal responsibility to notify the eligible member about this credit and to refund part of the employee’s contribution. It is the employer’s responsibility to address employee notification and refund requirements.
CaliforniaChoice will be sending this information to affected groups:
This premium credit will not affect broker commissions.
For questions or help with a CaliforniaChoice quote, please contact a member of your B&P Sales Team - 888.722.3373.