UHC provided three important updates on their Specialty products.
Digital Dental ID Cards
Effective July 1st, printed dental ID cards were sunset and replaced with digital ID cards for new business groups. Existing groups will be switching to digital dental ID cards on October 1st. With digital ID cards members can:
- View or email their card anytime, anywhere on their smartphone
- Enjoy the perk of having one less card to carry in their wallet
- Get their plan information anytime
- Access ID card through myuhc.com or the UnitedHealthcare app
This switch to digital dental ID cards is only for Dental PPO and INO (in-network only) plans.
SmileDirectClub is a leader in doctor-directed, at-home teeth straightening with clear aligners. They are part of the UHC PPO dental network!
Members can look forward to:
- A free digital image at a Smile Shop or an at-home impression
- A free retainer following completion of program ($0 cost with subscription)
- Premium teeth whitening ($0 cost)
See the SmileDirectClub prospect flyer for more information.
Dental Coordination of Benefits
There is a big benefit to having a child enrolled in both medical with pediatric dental and a comprehensive dental plan.
When a member has both an ACA medical plan and a comprehensive dental plan, the medical plan is primary and cost of treatment applies to the deductible and out-of-pocket maximum. The dental plan will pay secondary, but will include more comprehensive benefits, including (in most cases) fully covered preventive care. This is advantageous for members because the cost of dental services will be applied to the medical deductible and out-of-pocket maximum.
For questions or help with a UHC Specialty quote, please contact a member of your B&P Sales Team - 888.722.3373.