Sign In

What You Need to Know about Guardian

Plans & Benefits

Guardian plans are available for groups with 2-49 employees. Dental plans are available for quoting in bpQuote. Please ​contact a member of your B&P Sales Team for quotes with additional lines of coverage and discounts.



  • Flexible copay and frequency options
  • Two provider networks
    • VSP: 58,000 access points
    • Davis Vision: 44,000 access points

Life & Disability

Offer big company benefits to small business clients including the following Guaranteed Issue* amounts for groups under 10 employees:

  • 2-4 Employees 
    • Life: $50,000 
    • STD: $1,500 per week 
    • LTD: $2,500 per month 
  • 5-9 Employees 
    • Life: $100,000 
    • STD: $1,500 per week 
    • LTD: $6,000 per month

​Groups with 10-49 Employees can receive other generous Guaranteed Issue amounts. 

*Guaranteed Issue is subject to the employer level health questions on the Master Application.

Multi-Line Discounts

​Sell multiple lines of coverage with Guardian and combine discounts: 

  • 2-24 Employees: save 4% per line after the 1st line 
  • 25-49 Employees: save 2% per line after the 1st line 

A group with 20 employees that purchases Dental will save 4% by adding Vision and another 4% by adding Life for a total of 8% savings on all lines of coverage.

In addition to Guardian's Multi-Line Discounts, a comprehensive Employee Assistance Program (EAP), ​WorkLifeMatters, is free for employers who offer three or more qualified lines of coverage.

Financial Rating 

Financial strength is important when it comes to Life & Disability benefits, some claims may last for decades, know your clients are in good hands with Guardian's outstanding ratings: 

  • A.M Best: A++ 
  • Standard & Poor's: AA+ 
  • Moody's: Aa2 
  • Fitch: AA+

​Guardian Insights 

​Guardian's Fourth Annual Workplace Benefits Study takes a look at the well-being of working Americans. Workers with employer-sponsored benefits scored higher in Guardian's Workforce Well-Being Index than those without employer-sponsored benefits or with limited non-medical benefits.

Please ​contact any member of your B&P Sales Team for assistance with your 2017 Guardian business.